News and Articles
Facts About Flying
10 Tips to Overcome Your Fear of Flying...
Fear of Flying Help has put together a comprehensive guide on airplane travel tips to help you with any fear of flying you may have. Complete the form below and you will be able to access a new window containing all our great tips.
In a Rush?
We have condensed the Airplane Travel Tips download into 10 top tips just in case you are in a rush. Remember to download the full comprehensive list when you have time!
|Tip One - Know where you are going |
| If you are unfamiliar with the airport layout, or are a first time traveller, try a practice run prior to your day of travel. |
|Tip Two - Motion Sickness Solutions |
- Request a seat over the wings
- Schedule flights on larger airplanes
- Request a window seat
- Avoid alcohol for the 24 hours prior to flight
- Reserve a seat by the wing
|Tip Three - Know how secure you are |
Video Presentations on Airline Security:
- Aviation Security Basics
- Airport Security Screening Process
- Air Travel Security Restrictions and Rules
- Tips and Tricks for Air Travel Security
|Tip Four - Understand the noises! |
Noises During Flight Explained - Click here...
|Tip Five - Understand the weather! |
|How Weather Conditions Effect Flights - Click here... |
|Tip Six - Packing your baggage |
Avoid putting the following in checked baggage. Carry them on your person, or in a small bag that you carry on board:
Valuables (cash, jewelry). Don't rely on suitcase locks.
Critical items (medicine, keys, passport etc)
Irreplaceable items (manuscript, heirlooms).
Fragile items (camera, eyeglasses, glass containers).
|Tip Seven - Checking in |
Don't overpack checked bags.
Put a tag on the outside of your baggage with your name, home address, home & work phone numbers.
Put the same information inside each bag.
|Tip Eight - Baggage Care and Attention |
- When you claim your bag at the airport, check it over before you leave the bag claim area.
- Fill out the misplaced baggage information before leaving Customs.
- Baggage Screening Can Ruin Film - carry it with you in your pocket.
|Tip Nine - Inflight advice |
- Eat lightly. Drink water and fruit juices.
- Wear loose comfortable clothing & shoes.
- Avoiding ear problems by sucking sweets.
- Limit the intake of of alcohol, tea & coffee.
- Don't place anything under the seat in front of you so you can stretch and exercise your legs.
- Wear spectacles instead of contact lenses.
- Stand & walk about every 60 to 90 mins.
|Tip Ten - Arrival advice |
- Schedule outdoor activities on the first few days at the new destination.
- After arrival, adjust to destination time as soon as possible.
- Limit naps to 30-40 mins or less.
FREE Airplane Travel Tips
from Fear of Flying Help
Millions of passengers are unable to travel by air because their phobia dominates their life; because they are not aware of the facts about flying and how anyone can cure their fear of flying; don't let that happen to you.
The Fear of Flying Airplane Travel Tips include:
Learning how to plan ahead.
The secrets of combating DVT and other health issues with associated with flying.
Tips for checking in.
Tips for inflight comfort.
Ear problem solutions.
- Advice for arrival at your destination.
Contact Fear of Flying Help
for personal help and support...
FREE Airplane Travel Tips
Complete the short form below and you will be sent to another page containing all the airplane travel tips hints and information you need to get you up, up and away!
We hope you
Enjoy Your Flight!